Sunday 15 September 2013

Black Dress - Midi


Black mid-length dress - Comfortable, This Season, and Not too Pricey

....just some of the reasons why I decided to go on a hunt this morning for a black midi dress. And thanks to Asos, Misguided and New Look I found some really nice stuff!

The Dresses:
       Asos: €39.04                                            Misguided: €25.77






































What I like most about this Asos dress pictured above is the mesh material which dresses it up nicely. An all black cotton long sleeve dress can be quite harsh looking and a little boring!

My only concern about the second dress is that it appears to be a little bit see through. But thankfully that can be fixed. Penneys offer a wide range of reasonably priced stretchy under garments. I love spaghetti straps. They're sleek and simple, and give any dress a sophisticated look. In the last year they have made quite a comeback. It was in the hit 90's film Clueless that I first fell in love with the spaghetti strap style dresses. Cher wears a white Calvin Klien dress in one of the scenes and only this year the same dress was worn by Rihanna in red as seen below. Dresses like these have been seen throughout her River Island collection.





The Shoes:




New Look: €29.99

My favourite part of the shoes, which I'm sure you can guess, is the gold metal piece across the strap. I'm not a huge fan of wearing jewellery so these shoes are perfect in completing the outfit.

Two handy outfits for the Autumn/ Winter season costing a total of €94.80. Hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment